General Information about the EE program
More than 13,000 students a year enjoy our day and residential environmental education programs. All groups are welcome including public, private, religious, Montessori, homeschool, and scouting groups. We are still accepting reservations for 2013-14. The books open for 2014-2015 on August 22nd at 8:30 am (mark your calendars now; phone calls only please on this day).
To find out more about our Environmental Education staff please visit our Contact Us page.
Click Here to view our All-Center EE Video. This 6 minute long video highlights the Georgia 4-H Environmental Education Program and introduces each of our five 4-H Centers!
Jekyll 4-H Brag Book
Check out our "Jekyll 4-H Brag Book" (26-page PDF document) for a special preview of our facilties and programs. Pictures include the dorm rooms, dining hall, and class candids.
How to Plan a Homeschool Field Study to Jekyll 4-H
Would you like your homeschool student to experience an Environmental Education Field Study at Jekyll 4-H? Click here for more information!
Environmental Education Trip Planner
- Welcome to Georgia 4-H Environmental Education
- Letter of Support from a Fellow Educator
- Fees and Rates
- Jekyll Island 4-H Center Reservation Information
- Special Services
- Emergency Procedures
- Field Study Planning Checklist
- Class Listing and Descriptions
- Class by Class Preparations
- Sample Schedule
- KP Schedule and Assignments
- Dorm Chart and Assignments
- Teaching Group Assignments
- Canteen Items and Price List
- "What to Bring" List
- Parent Meeting Information
- Parent Meeting FAQ's
- Parent Meeting Handout
- Parent/Guardian Letter
- Parent Permission Form
- Student Rules
- Chaperone Guidelines
- GPS Correlations
- Pre-trip Vocabulary, Concepts, and Activities
- Name Tag Images
- Student Journals
- ES 237 Form